OCS Coach 2019
Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is currently the only university in Australia to hold a
licence in the Oceanic Challenge Series (OCS) and develops and supports a high-performance
team (the QUT Tigers) to contest this event annually. In 2018, the QUT Tigers are recruiting a
Head Coach with a performance based vision to coach our OCS team in 2019.
Application details: QUT OCS Head Coach Position Description
Elite Athlete Scholarships
In 2019, QUT will be awarding the five members of the QUT Oceanic Challenger Series team with $10,000 Vice Chancellor’s Elite Athlete Scholarships. Applications close November 16th and we encourage all aspiring players to apply. Alongside their admission into the QUT Elite Athlete Program, the squad will be accompanied by a host of support staff including;
- Player Manager
- Performance Staff
- Sports Psychologist
- Sports Nutritionist
- Exercise Coach
Applicants will need to meet Riot Games' standards for professional play. Players must;
- have reached Diamond 5 during 2018,
- pass a Riot Games behaviour and toxicity check,
- have turned 17 by the beginning of the OCS season.
Additionally, QUT requires applicants to;
- be enrolled either Full-Time or Part-Time at QUT in 2019,
- be Brisbane based and able to attend weekly trainings and games at the QUT eSports Arena,
- while not necessary, indicate any past OCS or OPL experience,
- attend pre-season trials and bootcamps at the QUT eSports Arena.
On November 17th, applicants who have successfully completed the Elite Athlete Scholarship Application will be sent an information pack. This will contain information full details of the January trial process, coach selection and support staff/services provided by QUT, as well as requirements expected of the successful team members including bootcamps and media commitments.
More information and the application process can be found here: QUT Vice Chancellor's Scholarship - Elite Athlete.
Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elite Athlete Program
The Elite Athlete Program at QUT is for students that are involved in recognised sports (including esports) and compete at a national or international level. The program grants the students access to support for learning, such as
- Flexible class timetables and assessment deadlines
- The option to apply for extended leaves of absence
- The ability to study across different institutions
- Financial assistance for competitions and opportunities for professional development
- The option to adjust your selection rank (or OP equivalent) when changing courses or entering university for the first time
To find out more, please contact us at email@example.com
Meet the 2018 Team
William ‘Tekker’ Marinic is the top laner for the QUT Tigers. William is studying a Bachelor of Engineering and Software Systems.
Kevin ‘SanaKyul’ Nguyen is the support for the QUT Tigers. Kevin is currently studying a Bachelor of Business – International.
Stewart ‘Flick’ Riesenweber is the jungler for the QUT Tigers. Stewart is currently studying a Bachelor of Entertainment Industries.
Alyssa ‘Aeia’ Latorre is the player manager for the QUT Tigers. Alyssa is currently studying a double Bachelor degree in Business and Creative Industries.
Zihong ‘Unspecialized’ Li is the mid laner for the QUT Tigers. Zihong is currently studying a Bachelor of Games and Interactive Entertainment.
Henri ‘Feint’ Magisson is the marksman for the QUT Tigers. Henri is currently studying a Bachelor of Engineering.
Our purpose-built Arena is Australia’s first university gaming arena, with a dedicated training space.
Join the Tigers
Our eSports program offers players places into our Feeder Program for aspiring eSport athletes and offers a training program and coaching for players improve their skills.